The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a professional association for office professionals. Have you heard of it? IAAP is a valuable resource for today’s 21st century administrative professional providing valuable resources, quality education, and the ability to connect with thousands of administrative professionals throughout the world.
Recently I asked more than 100 administrative professionals in a room to raise a hand if they belonged to a professional organization. I was shocked by the response—six administrative professionals raised their hands.
From talking with administrative professionals, I have learned:
- Many administrative professionals don’t know that professional organizations exist to help support their careers.
- Many administrative professionals don’t know the value that results from belonging to a professional organization.
- Many administrative professionals don’t know if the monetary investment in the professional organization is worth it.
Over the years, I have worked deliberately and purposefully to model my commitment to my career after the CEOs whom I have supported. Every CEO I have supported has belonged to multiple professional organizations and several boards. In my efforts to demonstrate my career commitment and to grow my career, I have done the exact same thing—belong to multiple professional organizations and several boards.
Throughout my career all of my employers have valued my involvement in professional organizations. Some of these employers and/or CEOs were able to budget professional membership dues through their staff development funds. When that was not possible, I have paid my own dues to stay connected to my industry and help grow my career. I even remember a couple of years as a full-time college student while working part-time jobs when I asked my mother to pay my membership dues so I could continue to stay connected and reap the benefits of connecting with other administrative professionals. One of those memberships that I highly valued and still value is my membership with the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
The International Association of Administrative Professionals recently launched a new campaign offering a FREE two-month trial for IAAP membership. Wow! How often do you get to try a professional membership before joining? Not very often. There are many benefits to being a member of IAAP:
- Subscription to OfficePro magazine designed and written specifically for administrative professionals
- Access to an online community where you can connect with thousands of administrative professionals throughout the world
- Free and discounted webinars
- Discounted conference registrations to TEC15 and IAAP Summit 2015
- And much more
I would encourage you to try and also share this FREE trial IAAP membership offer with your employers, human resources professionals, administrative professionals within and outside of your workplace, and family members and friends who work as administrative professionals.