I’m just saying, “Why not?” support and consider joining a professional association to give your career a boost! Give it a try. I belong to quite a few, and I’m proud to be part of them!
Here’s a few reasons to join:
- Administrative professionals with larger networks have more resources available to them to help them succeed.
- Associations offer education, mentoring, trainings, certifications, Webinars, and conferences throughout the year.
- Joining an association is a great addition to your resume and signals to an employer you are career-minded and stay connected to your profession.
- Associations provide opportunities for personal development by getting involved and participating in leadership opportunities, committees, and events.
- Administrative professionals who join associations have access to job boards, online forums, publications, and much more!
Each administrative professional association offers something unique and different while sharing many of the same similarities and common goals to enrich the life of the career-minded administrative professional. Annual association dues range in price.
Lucy Brazier, Publisher/Editor of Executive Secretary Magazine, offers a comprehensive listing of administrative professional associations on the Executive Secretary Magazine website. As you can see from the listing that Lucy has shared, there are many, many administrative professional associations worldwide.
Make the decision to join me as a member of one, two, or even three administrative professional associations and connect with other administrative professionals worldwide. Joining associations is one of the BEST decisions I have made to advance my career and grow my network.